and i was going to try openbox..

ramfree17

actually i read before that they have a cygwin package so i tried downloading it today at www.openbox.org but got this message instead of their main page.

We got hacked. It's under control, but the c*****r tagged us during the WWDC keynote, when I was otherwise occupied. We have cleaned up, except we need to replace some vandalized HTML from backup and upgrade some software before the webserver can go back up. Email and other services are working.

For the record, it looks like he used a PHP exploit to execute a file which locally exploited the Linux 2.4.20 ptrace() hole. This means he had a root shell.

What you can do:

* CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. I don't think they were compromised, but you never know. We have verified that the "ssh" and "passwd" binaries are not compromised, so log in and change it.

* VERIFY YOUR SOURCE. If you have a cvs project, do a fresh checkout and diff it against your existing sources. I don't think this is a problem, either, but safety first.

* PAY IT FORWARD. If you can't raise your kids to not be script kiddie ****heads, consider birth control.  

Again, everything is back up but the web server, which will come back hopefully tonight.

Stay tuned, True Believers.

--The McManagement.

good timing.. :evil:

ciao!

edited by Ixthusdan

* PAY IT FORWARD. If you can't raise your kids to not be script kiddie ****heads, consider birth control.

They seem a bit annoyed :shock: :P

they should be. the time that they could have devoted to something productive (like enhancing their project) has been diverted to something that is a complete waste of time.

ciao!

before your post i had said:

oh yes, i wish i could spell that well...

just like i wish i could go around "hax0ring" sites just 'cuz i'm cool and stuff......'cuz you know, i don't have anything more productive to do....

(yes, that was all sarcasm....i find "hax0ring" to be about as cool as relieving yourself on someones car in a drunken stooper...these people should do something productive with their knowledge.)

in that post. i just didn't feel like retyping all of it :)