apache 2.45 and PHP

Guest Ptaieb

Guest Ptaieb

hello,

since I install apache 2.x, I cannot run php pages anymore, the site documentation explain that you can run apache 2.0 as apache 1.3 by selecting prefork, I have done it but I suppose that if the module was removed, the new version opf apache will not be able to find it. can someone point at the way to enable php in apache2.x mod ?

You'll have to load the module in the configuration files.. Don't remember how, but that's how it's done.

Personally I prefer compiling apache and php together, so that I won't have to do lots of conf-file-editing. (This is a simple process and saves you a lot of work, especially if you're going to use mysql also. (Which you might as well get, since it saves you a whole lot of trouble when making websites.))

www.php.net

www.apache.org

www.google.com

Guest Ptaieb

thanks, that did the trick, I found that the mod_php4 was located in another directory so I cp it into the module directory and add a line in http.conf, restart the server and it worked 8)