Video Format changer [solved]

Abinash

is there any GUI based video converter????????????

We need to know what desktop you're using to suggest a gui. If you're using KDE, you can install konverter for a gui frontend to mencoder. You can install it with your gui package manager, or in a terminal with

urpmi konverter

Do i hv to install URPMI program???

B'coz wen i m typing urpmi konverter in the terminal its saying

"bash: urpmi : command not found

You need to log in as root (su and password) in terminal before running urpmi. urpmi command tells the packet manager of Mandriva to install package that matches what you tell. E.g. 'urpmi konverter' should install package called konverter. Simple, eh?

To remove the said package, you write (as root) 'urpme konverter'. And it uninstalles the said package. Equally simple. :)

and yes i am using KDE desktop.

Can you please also tell me which destop environment is better KDE or GNOME??

Well, I think you should stay with KDE - at least as long as you have familiarized yourself with Linux & Mandriva distro.

No one can say, which is better; KDE or Gnome. Or, of course they CAN, but the shouldn't. It's a matter of opinion. The reason I'm suggesting you stick with KDE for awhile is because, IMHO, it's easier to use KDE than Gnome when moving from Windows to Linux.

Do i hv to install URPMI program???

B'coz wen i m typing urpmi konverter in the terminal its saying

"bash: urpmi : command not found

I suggest you use Mandriva Control Center instead, Software section; it's all GUI.

Yves.

BTW: Cn u pliz writ plain 'nglish coz 'nglish ain't no mum tongue 4 many here :)