Active desktop-like behavior

Guest Supah_Rob

Guest Supah_Rob

Hello everyone, I am gonna assume this is the right forum for this question...if it isn't, I apologize.

I seem to remember being able to double click things on my desktop & in directories to open them. But since I put Mandrake 9.1 back on this machine (had to switch to windows for a while, long story) it acts more like Windows active desktop, in that I only have to click ONCE on things....AND I HATE THAT!! lol.

Does anyone know how I can switch back, or has it ALWAYS been this way and I am just remembering things wrong?

Its not just the desktop, its in Konqueror File Manager and everything, it drives me nuts.

Take care,

Rob

Guest BooYah
Its not just the desktop, its in Konqueror File Manager and everything, it drives me nuts.

Here Here! KDE drove me up the wall. Have you checked out gnome?

I used to use gnome but ...

I know its got a lot better but I'd be interested to know what exactly makes people wanna pee. I'm happy with it but perhaps naieve...

Evolution is a biggy, I originally switched becuase of kmail but I realise that's supplanted by evolution but what else???