Uninstalling Netscape

william

Does anyone happen to know how to uninstall netscape?

It was installed in "/usr/local/netscape" directory.

I've decided to have Gnome here instead KDE and just trying some browsers in order to make a final choice.

I've already tried Konqueror (very heavy), Mozilla (the best one), Galeon(2nd one) and Netscape.

Netscape is awfull, its interface, fonts, speed, etc....

Any suggestions?

BTW, under Gnome, any KDE original application runs with a font size (system font sizy) completely different to what is configured in GCC. What's is going on?

Thanks paleo, but :

I've heard that the action of just deleting the directory where the app was installed is not the best practice.

As I understood there is the possibility of some files with dependencies to this application not be deleted due to being installed in other location. Do we have to consider this situation?

ummm. *IF* the netscape installer works like the one from mozill.org, then all the files it creates are in /usr/local/netscape. I don't think that there is anything depending on the existence of netscape on your computer so it should be ok to just remove it. I know that this was the case for netscape 6 which I removed after a few hours by deleting the directory (i remember reading that this is the thing to do somewhere in their readme files or maybe installation instrcutions on their website).

Check /usr/bin/ and /usr/local/bin. Look for a link to /usr/local/netscape/netscape, delete it as well. Also, check if you have /usr/local/lib/netscape/. On my system, there is some stuff in there...

You can capture location of non-rpm application related files by inspecting the output of #make install while you're installing software. Say, you can probably try to install netscape over the exisitng version, this time redirecting the output to a file.