Mouse configuration

Just John

Running from the live CD I want to set up my mouse and bind buttons and such if I can but when I run mcc I get this problem:

I go to detect hardware and it finds my touchpad, my intellimouse, and a generic usb mouse (which is a mistake, I only have the microsoft mouse). However, when I click the configure button at the bottom nothing happens. Same for the touchpad I think. And if I just go over to the mouse section it pops up a window that's blank except for the text that says "configure mouse" or something.

What gives, and how do I set up my mouse buttons?

the Mandriva mouse configuration tool doesn't do that. I'm not sure what tool can change mouse button settings, actually. What exactly did you want to set?

Well the main thing is that the side buttons don't even work, but I would like to be able to change button assignments as well. And regardless of whether I would be able to do that in mcc, shouldn't it at least start a configuration window when I click configure, and shouldn't it be showing more than just the unclickable text that says "configure mouse" when I go to the mouse section? It would be nice to know what's wrong there and how to fix it.

Also, if you can't do it in mcc then how do you guys configure your buttons? Specifically, how do you 1. Get your extra buttons working, and 2. Change button assignments?

Edited by Just John

I don't honestly know exactly what tool you're describing, it doesn't sound like anything in MCC that I know of. If I run MCC, go to Hardware, go to Browse and configure hardware, scroll down the list and click on the entry for my mouse, I get two buttons - 'set current driver options' and 'Run config tool' - and Run config tool runs drakmouse, which is what it ought to do.

You can't change button assignments in the MCC, as I said. I don't know of a GUI way to do it at all, actually. For the side buttons, what are they supposed to do? Forward and back?

Well I installed and now I can see the normal mcc options, but as you said there is no way to configure buttons there. Surely there must be a way to do it....

P.S.

When I set the scroll speed now (this is in the kde tools I think) it has no effect. Changed it from 3 lines to 7 and it still scrolls at the same speed. Suggestions?