Can't install knetworkmanager in 2008.0

boatman9

I tried to install knetworkmanager, but got the following message.

[root@evo user]# urpmi --auto --noclean knetworkmanager

A requested package cannot be installed:

networkmanager-0.6.4-5mdv2007.1.i586 (due to unsatisfied libiw.so.28)

Anyone else unable to install knetworkmanager?

You could try installing libiw29 first, it contains libiw.so.29, not the same version, but it's newer, so it may be ok. Then try installing knetworkmanager again.

[Edit] Oh, forgot I am on 2008.1, so you might not have libiw29, but just search libiw, then check what files are in it by highlighting it in MCC, then click files, and see what version of libiw.so is contained in it. If it is .28 or .29 it should be ok.

The version of knetworkmanager that you are trying to install seems to be for 2007.1, but you say you are using 2008 ?

root@evo user]# urpmi --auto --noclean knetworkmanager

A requested package cannot be installed:

networkmanager-0.6.4-5mdv2007.1.i586 (due to unsatisfied libiw.so.28)

Why aren't you installing the one for 2008?

knetworkmanager-0.2-1mdv2008.0 (it is in contrib)

hmmm, I'm getting confused bouncing between versions :|

Edited by aphelion

What is MCC? I also tried adding knetworkmanager via the "Install & Remove Software" GUI tool. It did not work there either, but it was Version: 0.2-1mdv2008.0. The error messaage says "Sorry, the following package cannot be selected", no reason was given. I use the command line because I like to save all the downloaded rmps for another computer, and do not know how to do that from the GUI tool. I think the GUI tool deletes the rpms after they have been installed.

When was 2008.1 released? I have not found it anywhere yet.

What is MCC

MCC is the Mandriva Control Center, Start Menu/Tools/System Tools/Configure Your Computer, or link in task bar, or just mcc in a konsole as root, will get you there.

I use the command line because I like to save all the downloaded rmps for another computer, and do not know how to do that from the GUI tool. I think the GUI tool deletes the rpms after they have been installed.

You can have the packages saved while using the GUI, at least you could, I haven't yet tried it with 2008.1, but I guess it will work. You have just got to edit a file.

When was 2008.1 released? I have not found it anywhere yet.

Well, it's not released yet, but they made the final ISO's the other day, so I guess it's finished. I am using RC2, updated via cooker to the latest, which is/will become the same thing as the final 2008.1. The updates have pretty much stoped over the last day or so, and it now says 2008.1 (Official), so I guess it's as final as it's going to get. It's supposed to be officially released on the 9th or 10th this month, so it's not far away.

Won't drakconnect do what you want? In my opinion it is vastly superior to knetworkmanager.

Drakconnect on its own it is one of the main reasons I have switched to Mandriva as my default distro it is so superior to anything else I have ever used.