Openoffice update doesn't work

Guest madcama

Guest madcama

Hi everyone!

I am using Mandriva 2008 One (do not know is ti 32 bit or 64 bit).

Everything works more or less fine, but I am getting frustrated because I can't update Openoffice from version 2.2.1 which came with my live cd.

First I tried to update it on version 2.3.1 and now on version 2.4, but I have no luck.

It would be nice if you can explain it to me how to do that with Mandriva Control Center.

Thank you.

What you need to do is update your repositories by using the Easy-Urpmi link to the top right of this forum. Once you have done that you can use the package manager to install updated apps etc. To find out if you have the 32bit or 64bit version, open a terminal (konsole) and type: cat /etc/release, then press enter. If it comes back i586 you are using the 32bit version.

I'm assuming you already know how to configure your repositories through the MCC. If this is not the case, let us know.

Other than that, I don't believe that OO 2.4 was already uploaded to the repos. You can download the RPM files themselves through the links here:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=54534

If this message was in Chinese for you, don't hesitate to ask more questions. Welcome aboard!