If you see this message for more than...

Guest retab

Guest retab

Hi all.

Yesterday I installed 9.1 PowerPack, and today I discoverd the following message when I hit Ctrl-Alt-F8: "If you see this message for more than 0.1s, please send to me(ahmedam@mail.usa.com)".

Could any one please tell me what the heck is that? :roll: :?: :!: :?: :roll:

Am I the only one who got that message, or what? :roll: :?: :!: :?: :roll:

Peace to all. :D

Guest retab

Thanks tyme. Yes I'm interested in old languages like Arabic/Farsi/Hebrew and "acon" was active on my system but I have no idea why! It seems to me that Mandrake made a (big) mistake by including this acon thing because it works only on the consol and only when you login as ROOT!!!!!!

Okay, now I feel MDK is not really what I was looking for, and your "Yeah, mandrake is a wonderful distro, but I like tweaking things, so I went gentoo..." made me think again. I'm a newbie but like to know more. I wonder if gentoo can give what MDK gives (of course, without the easy installation that MDK has)?

Thanks again tyme.

check out the other linux distro's forum, lots of discussion about gentoo in there. the website for gentoo is (of course) http://www.gentoo.org

they have install instructions, read through them, if you feel you could do it then feel free to ask questions in the other distro's forum and i'm sure people will do their best to help. but gentoo is not easy and you have to be extremely patient-it took me 2 days to get a GUI up and running.

as for acon, i don't know why it would only be able to run as root, but it may have something to do with how the program is made to run-not a choice by mandrake. and mandrake probably installed it since you selected those other langauges-assuming that the system is being used by someone who reads them and would need the functionality that acon gives. that's just my guess, at least.