Opera and Flash

supermario

Has anyone noticed how well Opera and Flash are working now. I don't know what I did but here are the facts.

1. Installed a brandnew 2008.1 Free dvd on my laptop. All i did was upgrade the nvidia kernel and the linux kernel

2. Installed Opera 9.26

3. Installed Flash(don't know what version to be honest, but was found on PLF maybe a month ago or more)

4. Visited Youtube and would get the dreaded GRE(A)Y screen, if I changed TABS, or minimized the browser. Charts on FINANCE.GOOGLE.COM would not appear, all you would get is the gray screen.

5. Installed Opera 9.5 beta, charts on finance worked but youtube would get those screens.

6. Installed the newest flash, and it screwed up vids on both Opera 9.5 and Firefox, it looke like it was rendering a scene at a time

7. Removed newest flash and Opera, and installed the previous versions

8. Enabled compiz(using MLCC it installed whatever packages it need for those cool effects, which I only ran for a day)

9 Opera as a whole just seems to run way better now. Even engadget, which would lag whenever i scrolled from top to bottom, it still does, but its not as bad, I had to resort to using FIREFOX.

Any Ideas as to what could have happened? I haven't done any updates or removed anything but the stuff I mentioned. In anyway, Opera is rocking now

Using the last Opera beta (build 1875) as my main browser.

Flash videos from youtube are generally working OK, but its aknowledged that some of them won't load... and they are working on it.

Saving websites as something else than html is not working here, either- despitethe fact it's filed as a windows bug, and the linux version is supposed to work. It does not, here.

No idea about the stable 9.26 version... I like the 9.50 beta a hell of a lot, and I don't mind marrying its bugs.

• 2 weeks later...