Lexmark X75 printer, anyone get it working?

83mercedes

Just bought a new Lexmark X75 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier, I know it is not supported by Mandrake9, I also realize that Lexmark does not provide drivers for linux on this unit.

But has anyone got it working, or any ideas what to try?

Responses are ALWAYS appreciated, as usual!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

You may try to make it work as printer only. These multi-purpose devices normally use the same printer engine as one of the printers of the same brand, and often newer printers work with drivers for older printers. So you may try a driver of a Lexmark printer which has been brought to market before your device was introduced.

Have similar problem with HP Officejet. Under Linux I can use it only as printer. I had seen somewhere an instruction to make it work as scanner also, but I had no success.

General recommendation for such cases: always write to manufacturer and make them aware that there is a world outside Windows where they also could earn some money. No immediate success, but in the long run it may help.

Thanks, I checked out that site, found nothing relating to the X75, but I did post on the forum there, so maybe someone can help.

By the way, I emailed Lexmark, and asked for a driver, and they basically said no, so I guess it's up to me to either find out how, or take the damned thing back to Kmart and find a model that DOES work.

The thing is, it's really a cool unit, and works very well with Windblows.

I don't know how much help this will be, but I have an X63 and used the CUPS driver for the Z51 Lexmark. I went down the list of driver when I installed 8.2 and got lucky on the second try. Good Luck d3~)

I agree.

HP seems to go out of their way to support Linux, while Lexmark, it seems to me, doesn't give a damn.

Yea, some are supported, I know, but when I sent an email to them asking PLEASE for a driver, all I got back was:

"Lexmark does not support Linux for this product.

There is no Linux driver available.

Here is a link to the technical specifications for this product online:

http://www.lexmark.com/US/products/tech_sp...zI3MXwx,00.html

Thanks,

Joel"

Well I KNEW that... that's why I eamiled!!!!!!

Some help, huh?