Using "stcolor" with Epson Stylus Color 400

edwardp

I have an Epson Stylus Color 400 printer connected to Desktop 1 (see sig). When Mandriva 2008 was installed, it installed the Gutenprint drivers for this printer. I would like to use the "stcolor" drivers as the colors are more vibrant and it also results in overall faster printing.

I have no idea whether stcolor was also installed, but when I went into the MCC Printer selection, I did not see anything that would allow me to change the printer driver.

Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Ed

I downloaded the PPD file from that site, however I could not find any instructions on how to install it, nor how to use the Mandriva Control Center to actually select it, once installed.

Printing seems to be at a lower priority than web browsing, so while I am printing something and using the web browser at the same time, the printing gets somewhat sluggish, it may print a line or two, stop for a few seconds, print the next few lines, stop and this pattern repeats itself.

This results in taking some 5 minutes just to print one page. :zzz: