No sound in Rosegarden

Hashimoto

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity (and future reference), I installed Rosegarden4. Everything seems to run OK except for the sound. There isn't sound. What may be the problem?

I downnloaded some MIDI sequences and I can well hear them on other apps (KMidi etc), but RG4 does not send out one note. I even adjusted all the AlsaMixer controls without success.

Am I just so plain stupid (quite possible) or do I have to configure RG4 somehow or what? Any help is appreciated.

MDK9.1, SBLive, AMD1700+, mm-kernel, no probs with other sounds.

Hashimoto

I'm not sure, but I noticed that, on the multimedia kernel that comes with the Power Pack, the alsa drivers in it, as far as I can tell, were compiled without sequencer support. I had a similar problem when I tried to set up MIDI playback per the tutorial in the Tips Tricks section.

Obviously, Rosegarden needs sequencer support. I'm working on a solution to this problem. I'll get back to you. I'm thinking you'll just need to install the latest alsa drivers and you should be okay (just remember to run configure with sequencer support). But I need to test this myself.