Handspring treo

ab2ms

I got a handspring treo recently and had the horror of using windows to sync with it. It seems the usb support for it is available as a patch to an older kernal, so that's not an option I'm considering. I read one place that the optional serial cable willwork in linux. Before running out and buying a $30 cable I was wondering if anyone can confirm that it will work. I want nothing more than to be able to use linux, but am using XPee at the moment as my only option. I have the handspring treo 90, but I beleive all treos sync the same. I really don't want to boot into windows if I don't have to! (no I'm not in windows now :P )

I can confirm that using the serial cradle will work with linux, in the way of most palm OS based handhelds. however, i've never personally tried the handspring treo-i had one of the other handsprings.

OK so I went and got the serial cable. Had a really bad brain fart, but got it working.

One of these days I'll remember it's ttyS1 not ttys1 :roll: yes I was frustrated when it kept saying the port didn't exist, but all is well that ends well!