mandriva-linux-2008-one-KDE-cdrom-i586

Guest cOLIN_

Guest cOLIN_

Im a noob to linux and i want to learn more about it. so i downloaded mandriva i mounted the iso. i ran the live cd everything worked great. but when i want to install off the live install icon on the mandriva desktop. it ask me what partition to use so i used my 8 gb partion. then i rebooted hoping for that dual boot screen but it boots straight to vista? now im getting errors out the butt with vista my magiciso icon can't be viewed on the task manager. my partition disappeared. so i restarted the system the partition came back up but its empty. shouldn't there be some type of mandriva file on there it was empty before i started this whole process? any help please

1. Linux does not eat windows programs for breakfast, no matter if they are Magiciso or something else.

2. Your partition disapperad because it's now formatted in a way windows cannot understand (problably ext3, but you should know better- as you are the one who did the installation). You can still assign a drive letter, view+ modify the partitions contents from windows, using the ex2fs for windows driver, but it isn't such a good idea... it's almost sure that something will get borked, sooner rather than later.

3. You don't have the choice to dualboot at startup because you didn't pick to install Grub at the MBR during installation, but rather to some other place... so now you don't have a primary bootloader. This is fixable, but we must know whre did you install it first.

Edited by scarecrow