KDE Add-Ons?

Guest Grimey

Guest Grimey

Just wondering what is out there, I know there is Karamba but I can't find very much on it and all themes that they have for download are designed for everything but 1600 x 1200 which is what I'm using, not to mention I'm curious as to what is out there...and I was going to throw a poll in to see who is using KDE, Gnome and other graphical or text only interfaces but I can't seem to make a poll...hmmm

You can only post polls in certain sections of the forum.

I use KDE, I kow other's are faster, but I find kde to be the most visualy apealing and user friendly. Of course, that is entirely a matter of preference. THe is one add-on I'd like to find, though i don't know exactly what it is. When I was using knoppix, I could right-click a windows exacutable and in the context menuy that poped up, there woulld be a "wine" option, so you could run windows apps in wine without opening a console or writing a script. I realize that niether of those options are hard, but it was a nice extra.

As for the 1600x1200, why so high? I use 1024x768 and find that many web-sites are unviewable without zooming the text to 125% or even 150% How do you get around this at that resolution? Do you have a 22" moniter?

Also, where do you get your themes? I've found VERY FEW themes for kde3.

Guest Grimey

Yea I use and check kde-look faithfully, and that's where I first found Karamba and I've used it quite a bit and liked it but I just haven't had the time to customize my own "skin" for my 1600 x 1200 rez. And yes I know it's a huge one but I use so many things at once, even with 6 desktops that I kinda need it and I also have a 19" monitor so using it at anything but it just waaay too big for me. I want a 22" however :P but I don't have the money to afford one at the moment. :(

I'll have to check out the kde-apps page when I get home, I forgot that one was still around. I know there are a bunch it's just a matter of finding one that works and has decent themes cuz I haven't gotten into the graphics end of things just yet...soon tho