TOSHIBA Keyboard Bounce

Guest faraujo

Guest faraujo

There is a problem with Mandrake Keyboard in Toshiba Laptops running X, i have found a fix that works great, you can found the fix here, ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/i386/supplementary...Free86/Toshiba/

you will need to download xbounce-1.2-0.i586.rpm and setup the .Xsession to run the xbounce program at start.

There is a documents with explicit instructions in http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/mmichna_kdb-bounce.html

:D Hope this help anyone...

Thanks, faraujo, for your help with this issue.

Here is another way which doesn't require a download and is quite simple by doing an edit (my example uses the "vi(m)" editor):

1.Open up your favorite Konsole/Terminal and su to root.

2. cd /etc/X11, then Enter.

3. vi XF86Config-4,then press Enter. Now hit the letter "i' key to Insert what you will see in Step 5 below.

4. Go to Section "Input Device" > Identifier "Keyboard1". Use the down arrow key to do this.

5. At the end of this section you will type the following line if it is not there:

OPTION "XkbDisable" (with the quotes).

If it is there with a #, then delete the # to uncomment it.

6. Now press the ESC key, then type :wq! (which appears at the bottom) and press Enter.

7. Next type exit to get out of root, then exit again to close the terminal/Konsole.

8. I think you may have to reboot to activate no more bouncing.

This worked for me. I found it by going to Linux-on-laptops.org (or .com) and clicked on Toshiba, then on one of the 5005 choices. It led me to Nicolas Beaulieu's link:

http://www.condorito.org/toshiba

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Richard L.

P.S. Faraujo, I tried your links but they did not work for me, so if people wish to do a simple edit, it should solve the bouncing key problem.