Sound driver

Guest vs77

Guest vs77

I was unable to change the sound card driver that is being used by 9.1. I have to do that manually each time after startup through the mandrake control center. What am I doing wrong?

Guest vs77

I have an EssSolo sound card and just one. The driver that is selected by default for this sound card is snd1938. The driver that works is the esssolo-1. At first I thought that Enlightenment was causing this problem as I had enabled sounds in enlightenment. (I am running enlightenment with gnome). but even when I disabled the sounds in E I had this problem where the driver defaults to preselected sound card

Guest ramazz

edit the modules.conf file under the /etc directory. Remove the incorrect driver and insert the correct driver in it. If you have figured out which driver is the proper one, all you should have to do is change the name of the driver it calls to the correct one.

the mandrake tool for changing sound settings seems to be a little buggy and doesn't remove the old driver when you change drivers.