Installing packages in Mandriva 2008

Guest coolayem

Guest coolayem

Hi,

I have just installed Mandriva 2008 on my DELL laptop. I ran the updates yesterday and all packages were installed. However I need to install some more packages like 'make','lessmotif','stdlib' to work on Oracle database.When I search for those packages in control center it is not showing up.How do I install these packages??

Greetings!

I recommend getting on-line and configuring urpmi through Easy-Urpmi at the top of the page. Follow the directions. Then, installing software is a flash, as long as you are connected. For example, to install a machine for making software, type "urpmi kernel-source" and everything including make will be installed for you.

However I need to install some more packages like 'make','lessmotif','stdlib' to work on Oracle database

In konsole become root. to do so type

su

type ur password

then for make type:

urpmi make

for stdlib I am going to venture a guess(meaning it mightn't be what u r looking for):

urpmi libstdc++

As for lessmotif I haven't the slightest idea about how u can install it. :mellow: