Tor & Privoxy - Can they be installed in Mandriva?

freeboy

I would like to instal Tor & Privoxy & Vidalia in Mandriva

I went to the torproject site but the choices for Linux version are so many that I got confused. I downloaded one and tried to instal it but was told that it couldn't be installed.

So my prolblem is

Which version of Tor should I download for Mandriva?

I am a complete newbie with Mandriva, having installed only a few days ago so this question.

I hope somebody would please answer my question and also tell me in detail how I can use Tor as I was using in Windows.

Thanks in advance

Freeboy

At the top of the frontpage you see Easy-Urpmi follow the instructions on that page.

After doing so you can go the MCC (MandrivaControlCenter) or startmenu/tools/systemtools/configure your computer choose software type the softwaretitel you want to install.

There is also a wiki with information about Mandriva and how things work.

If you have already set up your software repositories (as per your first thread here), go to your menu and click on 'Install and remove software'. Then type in the package you want to install in the search box, and click on search. Now scroll through the packages (if there's more than one), until you see your package, then check the box. Do this for all three apps, then click on apply.

Alternately, you could simply open a terminal (as root) and type

urpmi tor privoxy vidalia

then hit enter.

I would also suggest you read this section of the wiki: wiki.mandriva.com

Use TorK instead of Vidalia. Read about it here: http://tork.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page. It is also available in the repos.

Edited by {BBI}Nexus{BBI}