Openoffice crashes in certain circumstances

Sunwatcher

I love dark themes, but they cause Openoffice to crash. Does anyone else experience this?

Here's the situation: I've tried the distro version of Openoffice on both Mandriva (One 2008) and on Ubuntu 7.10. I've also tried several versions of Openoffice from 2.2.1 to the current stable release 2.3.1. Also, I've used both my older P3 HP laptop and a new Core 2 Duo desktop, but in all situations Openoffice crashes with dark themes -- which I really love.

Crashes always occur when I go into the options and try to change something. They also occur when I try to export to pdf. Sometimes they've occurred when I try to save. I work around this by simply going to a light theme, usually Clearlooks, and all is well. Go back to dark and . . . CRASH! Any ideas?

It's probably because it's for an older version of Gnome, and hence causing the crashing. I had this as well. I just made sure I was not using a theme which was for an older version of Gnome.

It's probably because it's for an older version of Gnome, and hence causing the crashing. I had this as well. I just made sure I was not using a theme which was for an older version of Gnome.

GTK != Gnome

GTK Themes != Gnome.

But yeah, poorly made themes do crash applications, and it's possible that it may be a gtk theme engine that openoffice doesnt co-operate with so well.

James

Thanks you all. And John ... you're a real cut up! No really, love your posts man, especially all that great music stuff you did a while back.

Well, I might be biting off more than I can chew here -- still being new to Linux -- but how can I learn to create a good, well-behaved theme that actually does work with Openoffice? I've gotten everything I have from gnome-look, but I have no idea how to make one myself. Where would I start?