KDE:Battery Charge Monitor and a Wireless Link Monitor?

lawsonrc

I really like KDE, but I also like Gnome, too.

In Gnome, there are a couple of utilities that I found in a few seconds and added to the panel in MDK 9.1:

One Gnome utility is the Battery Charge Monitor, which is a nice graphical icon that shows the status of one's laptop battery with a popup tooltip to show the percentage of the battery that is left. In the preferences, the battery color levels as default are: yellow 40%, orange 25%, Red 15% (these defaults can be changed). A popup window can give a warning when the battery is low so that one can plug in the AC adaptor; also a beep (these too can be turned off or on).

Another quite nice Gnome utility is the Wireless Link Monitor 2.2.0 for one's wireless card. On the panel, it can show the wireless card's signal strength in percentage.

When I am in KDE 3.1, I have searched high and low to find equivalent utilities to sit on the panel, but can't find them. They may be right under my nose.

Can someone point me in the right direction so that I can add them, please?

Thanks!

Richard L.

Well, Kenneth, the battery monitor was there the whole time next to KOrganizer and the clock in the lower right side. :oops: I didn't see it because my panel was tiny, and I've been playing around in Gnome for a while and forgot. My laptop is one of the "newer" ones (13 months old) with ACPI and also legacy free BIOS. And the battery monitor *does* work nicely with ACPI.

**However**, I really would like to know if KDE has a Wireless Card Monitor that shows the signal strength for the Wireless Card. I finally found something called PCMCIA and put it on the KDE panel, but it does absolutely nothing...N-A-D-A. It is totally useless. It just shows that the wireless card is in eth1 (as if I didn't already know that...d'uh!)

I'm wondering if any other users on this forum have wireless with their laptops and are using KDE. Do you use wireless? I have a Linksys WPC11 (802.11b) card, but all brands of Wi-Fi cards would be monitored the same.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Richard L.