Fn Keys

danutz

Hi.. i've got a little problem with my function key... i have a Packard Bell MX67, and i can't seem to find any acpi for my laptop, and i think this is the reason for my problem...

the idea is that using xev, i can't get any key code when i press Fn+F(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12), but pressing Fn+F6 i can lower my brightness...and for rising(Fn+F7) it's not working.. it's kind of stupid.. first, i thought that it's all hardware, but i've inserted a Ubuntu live cd.. and it's all working.. i've tried all the programs that i've found for managing these special keys.. but none seems to work, because i can't get my keycodes....

... do you have any idea how to get this working?

not functioning Fn keys is not directly related to acpi, I have a fully working acpi on my thinkpad, but I still don't have all Fn keys working, have you tried hotkey, lineakd or keyfuzz packages, they are for the multimedia keys on some keyboards, but maybe they work with notebooks too other way would be to find out what packages are on the ubuntu live cd and which of them controls the keys

synaptic should show which packages are installed, you can look in the descriptions of the packages, yes I know there are many packages to look at, but you could ignore libraries, locales, I don't think that it will be there, maybe you will find a package.

btw have you already looked on notebook-specific sites like http://tuxmobil.org/ ?