Mandriva won't start X off the live CD [solved]

Mysticle31

Hi guys. First post here.

I've been playing with different distros trying them all out. I've had a hell of a time getting some (ex Kubuntu) to actually use and display fglrx in the fglrxinfo and not mesa. Seems to be a common deal. Out of all the times I've installed Kubuntu (at least 10) sometimes it goes smoothly, sometimes not. Suse had it's own issues with my bluetooth.. I can go on and on.

Anyhow I digress.

I'm looking to try Mandriva, however, I can't get it to load X off the live CD!. It works fine in my Tablet (to test the CD) and the MD5 checksum was ok. Just on my desktop, no go. I don't know if there are any logs or anything that were created. It's not supposed to touch my HD during the process.

Any ideas? Has anyone else ever experienced this problem?

Ah yes, sorry about that.

I've got a Radion 9600 with 256megs, or was it 128, I don't remember.

2.8ghz P4, 800mhz FSB, Abit IC7-G, 1024 megs of Corsair TwinX, 2 37 gig Raptors in raid 0 (use as primary drive), a 160gig secondary drive for data, two 20s and a 40 gig that I like to JBOD together for TV recordings (hoping to try MythTV or some other DVR program with scheduling and web plugins..etc.) For my other linux distros I have partitioned off 100 megs of my 20 gig (primary master) for use as /boot and Raid 0 array is /.