500MB more on / after boot

bvc

That's it??? I installed about 60MB of apps and themes/icons ect..and an hour later when I booted, instead of having 500MB free..../ was 100% full. What gives? I switched to init 1, umounted /dev/hda9 (root) and ran reiserfsck and all is well. I dk????

Anyone hear of this before?

Yes, I've serached for core's, and checked tmp's, and I've been running cron and such.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING :twisted:

Reminds me of *cough* WinME System Restore. :shock:

OK....is there a way to stop it, or is it something we want? I guess this is new? I never had this prob b4......be nice if they made it a little more public, don't ya think?

What starts it?... because I just did a fresh install a couple of hours ago, I have rebooted once, and I don't have a /root/.drakbackup/ anything?

Guest bradenm

If you haven't run drakbackup manually, and if there's no files in /root/.drakbackup/ , then that's not the issue.

It was actually my fault that this happened to me, I forgot to check free space on / and set drakbackups max size to bigger than that.

BTW, drakbackup is nothing even close to System Restore, and doesn't run automatically unless you tell it to (though I can't get it to work automatically :( ). Try running "drakbackup" to check your current config. You can also find it in the Mandrake Control Centre.