Installing Apache 1.3 and PHP

klemm

Hi I tried to install Apache on my localhost under mdk 9,1, but somehow miss some configurations as it does not go for PHP.

in 9.0 the installation went out of the box. Now starting the page It asks if I want to download the file or open it ?

Can you give me some directions to look at.. I feel like blinded as I have already looked over all the apache configurations for several times.

----------

I want to use Apache 1,3 because there are some conflicts between Apache 2 and php some versions... the page gets messed or gives errors. I have made the sites ready under windows 2K and tested them on both Apache 1,3 and 2 ... there was only mess with 2 while a perfectly functional page under 1,3. I tried several ways and searched the forums, but the cue against it did not cure my site. I had 2,0 up in 9,1 and faced the same problem as under W2K (a messed page).. so back to apache 1,3 I need to go.

Many thanks for advise

Guest tezca

my guess is that you dont have php installed

go to a terminal and type

rpm -qi php

if you dont get any info showing its installed then its not, so install it then restart apache, it should pick it up

/sbin/service httpd restart

or

/sbin/service apache restart depending on your apache version

also a simple page can see if it is installed properly

call it test.php or whatever

#/usr/bin/php

<?php

echo phpinfo();

?>

You need the apache php module, not just php (since php can be used without apache of course).

# urpmi mod_php

(and you will get a choice of php for apache1 or apache2, apparently both work on Mandrake 9.1).

Thanks

Actually I did have php and apache-mod-php installed, but as I lately understood the config was still messed a bit. I cleaned the etc/httpd config files and made a reinstall for them.. then it did pick up things correctly.

K.