SylSheed E-Mail Client has funny characters

Relic2K

This is the first time I have used this E-Mail Client. So far so good, but I am getting funny block characters down in the preview window at the bottom right of the email client, vice actual text that is in the email ??? They look like this;

Well if I cut and paste, it turns back into normal text, so this one will be hard to get a visual of. If I reply to the email, it converst to normal text as well. The squares are 3 colors, blue, black and green ?? Anyone know why I am getting this and how to get rid of it ? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Relic:

I can't see your problem, but just to let you know Sylpheed works well and is a good client. I like the speed, and apparent security as you can view mail in text mode. Has user selected mail size limit for acceptance, and good filter options.

Did you try the sylpheed site for possible solution and help?

Good luck.

Guest BooYah

Do you get any messages if you run it from a terminal? Maybe it doesn't support the font or the message encoding is wrong.

I'll get boxes and symbols when I get a Japanese email and don't run sylpheed from a terminal that supports Japanese.