Two questions: Wireless & Mouse Speed

Guest Naatan

Hi, I'm new to Mandriva, though not new to linux.. I'm very excited about this distro :)

I am having two problems though, first is quite simple, I've done this before but I've forgotten how to..

I'd like to increase my mouse speed, I forgot the option name that I have to add/configure in xorg.conf, can anyone tell me?

A bigger problem is my wireless driver, by default Mandriva uses the bcm43xx driver, this one doesn't work however, I installed my windows drivers with ndiswrapper, which work fine, but every time I restart, I have to reconfigure it, I've tried uninstalling the bcm43xx driver with "sudo modprobe -r bcm43xx" but it returns after another reboot..

Can anyone tell me how to properly remove bcm43xx and have Mandriva use my ndiswrapper driver by default?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit:

I've blacklisted the bcm43xx driver, this seems to have done the job..

I tried setting minspeed and maxspeed for my mouse, but it seems this only works for a touchpad, as my mouse speed doesnt improve (yea I restarted X)

Edit 2:

the "Resolution" option didn't do it either..

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Out of my league, but welcome to MUB. I had issues with bcm43xx under 2007.1, but so far using 2008.0 it's been fine. I am using Belkin wireless cards...what do you mean by 'it doesn't work'. Not working at all?

I also found I had to totally remove bcm42xx from 2007.1. Apparently the support for this driver in the 2.6.17 linux kernel wasn't great. That's changed with 2008 though, what version of Mandriva are you using?

Hi, my wireless connection stopped working at random, when I try to configure the connection it says "unable to find the ndiswrapper interface", I've tried reinstalling ndiswrapper but this didnt work..

anyone know what might have happened here?