Eggdrop

Guest g33z

Hi all, installed mandriva 2008, everything is great, only problem I'm having is getting my eggy's to join irc. When I start the eggdrop it runs fine with a pid showing, but it never connects to irc. I have uninstalled shorewall and iptables, its not an issue with my router or my eggdrop setup, because they run great under opensuse and pclinuxos, theres something in mandriva stopping them from going anywhere. I'm about to switch back to another distro. This is the only problem I'm having. I have checked the system logs and they show nothing. Its driving me nuts :wall: Any ideas? And also when I try to telnet, it tries to connect, but just hangs there.

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

yup, that was one of the first things I did. And also uninstalled shorewall and iptables. I'm pretty good at networking seeing how I have my certificate in networking. This is just so strange, as they run find with other distros. I even tried installing the eggdrop that comes with mandriva and same thing. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to go back to opensuse. I started out 12 years ago with redhat and switched shortly there after to mandrake. I used mandrake up until about 10.0. B)

• 2 weeks later...