USB HDD mount error

dude67

This is something that has come up after I installed 2008, but I'm not really sure if this is related to the new Mandriva 2008.

I have two almost identical external USB Harddrives (only difference is size) connected to my PC. Now the first one is easily mounted/unmounted in KDE desktop, but the second one is the problem. I cannot unmount this and this is the error I get:

post-13785-1192273998_thumb.png

I don't know what I have done or what has happened with this. The only thing I remember fiddling with was the automatic mounting tick in properties of that device icon on my KDE desktop. But that's it...

For some odd reason this external harddrive is mounted as /mnt/win_c2 and not as /media/porscheII as it used to be. In this screenshot the one on the left is the weird one and the one on the right is the one that is operating as it should:

post-13785-1192274369_thumb.jpg

I have not done this intentionally, so what's causing this and how can I make it mount and unmount as I like?

One other thing: If the HDDs are not turned on when I boot Mandriva, once turned on again they will be mounted at /media/porsche and /media/porscheII as they should be. So for some reason this one device will be mounted during boot as /mnt/win_c2.

Edited by dude67