k3b problem: it burns with too high speed

kkrekula

Hi.

I tried K3b yesterday and it is a really nice, easy-to-use piece of software.

But: When I burn Audio tracks, it does it with the wrong speed! My burner is capable of 12x writing, but when I used K3b I saw the speed indication to be much higher. Of course the CD was unusable...

The strange thing is that it has autodetected the CD writer to be a 12X writer and it shows that in the dialog when doing the burning, but still does it wrong with audio CD:s.

I tried to burn a data-cd and then K3b worked properly.

Anyone experienced something similar?

I have a LG 4120 CDRW/DVD combo.

/Kenneth

For clarification, did you set it to burn faster, or was the autodetect burning too fast? I use k3b as well, but have not used it to burn audio very frequently. I have duped some audio cd's (illegal, I know) but had no problems with them. I think I burned them at the speed for the cdr's, 24x.

When I start the burning, the speed is set to 12X. This is also shown in the status box that pops up during the burning process.

But in the "estimated write speed" at the bottom of this box, K3b is showing much more than 12X.

I just tried writing a RW disc and when I set it to 4X writing speed (which is what the disc was certified for), the estimated speed was 5.68X.

For writing Data to the same 4X RW disc, the estimation shows 4.12X

/Kenneth