Building your own powerpack+installation dvd

bookie

Hi to everyone at MandrivaUsers.org. I am new to the forum and will get right down to business. I am looking .for help in creating my own updated version of powerpack+ 2007.1.

Mandriva talk about how easy it is to create your own updated version, but their info seems a bit incomplete. I followed the following link:

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Docs/SysAdmin/Config/MakeDVD

When you upgrade packages to create your new update version - you need to update hdlist/synthes.hdlst information otherwise you new version gets a bit messy when the installer program throws a wobbly trying to install the new packages. I also am aware that the md5sum info will also need to be updated to correspond to the new packages.

My problem is I don't know how to proceed with updating the hdlists etc.

Is there anyone who is up on this?

I would appreciate any help I can get on this matter.

bookie

It's been a while since I've done this but IIRC, if you want to generate a new hdlist you can do so by running:

$ cd <path to directory with rpms>

$ genhdlist

That will generate both an hdlist and a synthesis file. If you also want an md5sum file, cd to the directory with your rpms and run:

$ genhdlist --md5sum

For further options, see man genhdlist.

Thanks guys for replying so promptly. Just wondering about something (sort of causing an itch) not infectious I do assure you.

Pmpatrick you mentioned cd to rpm folder. Well, I maybe stupid, but I changed all the obvious files that corresponded with each other and removed a few that I didn't want in the new updated version. All that took quite a bit of time. Don't know if you have a better solution for the next time?

OK because I have already created the media file with updates and removals how I want it - will genhdlist create new lists for my rpm folder that I have created?

Did you agree that the link I provided was a little short on information?

iomari's post is also very helpful - although a little dated, but valid nevertheless.

I'm sure to have more questions so be prepared.

bookie

Hi Steve Scrimpshire, I looked at your link from iomari and thought that it would be useful to contact iomari to see if I could get some help. Do you know if iomari is still active? I have left a message for iomari but, as yet, haven't had a reply.

Using genhdlist I have created new lists for the rpms in the media folder without problem. What I should have realized is that so many other things to be updated in order to continue.

I am at a loss as to how to proceed? I really should start over and create a new updated version from the ground up. But once again not sure how to proceed?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

bookie

Edited by bookie