Shutdown Freeze, ATI driver problem

Guest Jonnywayne

Guest Jonnywayne

I was successfully using Mandriva 2007.0 on my HP Nx6325 notebook and everything worked fine until i decided to upgrade to Spring.

I installed and configured most everything like i did with 2007.0 before but things went completely wrong.

First of all i am not a Linux expert, so i am not yet capable of solving all problems on my own.

The problems i had:

- After installing the proprietary ATI-Driver with RPMs generated from the ati-driver-installer-8.39.4-x86.x86_64 package (strange enough, i actually wanted to download 32 Bit drivers), i get an overlay message that my hardware is unsupported and 3D acceleration does not work at all, though i was using it with 2007.0 successfully.

- Another problem i have is that on shutdown or reboot procedure the system really often locks up right after disabling the loopback "device". This does however not happen at any time, though i was unable to figure out what leads to this.

- Preinstalled or packaged versions of ndiswrapper, fuse and ntfs-3g do not work as they did in 2007.0 but ie already gotten around this by manually compilation and configuration using a vast amount of tutorials :huh:

Sorry if i should have opened an extra thread for each of these issues :unsure: