Randomly closing windows [solved]

Guest infin1ght

Guest infin1ght

After just doing a clean install of Mandriva, everything was working like it should on a new distro. However, after a bit of tweaking, windows will ranomly close. In firefox, it will simply close immediatly under certain odd circrumstances(opening PDF?), which did not happen prior. I'm using KDE on Mandriva 2K7. In the configuration menu, I can no longer access the urpmi package manager. I'm really baffaled on this one. Any input would be much appreciated.

Welcome aboard. :)

Could you explain what you tweaked? Try starting the applications from a terminal and check for the error messages when the apps suddenly close. Also, create a new user and check if this affects the new user, too, or if it is only your old account that has these hiccups.

Guest infin1ght
Welcome aboard. :)

Could you explain what you tweaked? Try starting the applications from a terminal and check for the error messages when the apps suddenly close. Also, create a new user and check if this affects the new user, too, or if it is only your old account that has these hiccups.

Well, basically, I did a lot. Everything I normally do with a new distro. I installed fluxbox, although I still use KDE, started installing easyURPMI, changed kde appearance settings and the such. One of the most noticable problems is whenever anything is attempted to be downloaded in firefox, it immediatly closes. I'm lead to believe that it may be the appeance changes, as when I tried to run the package manager from drakconf, I got the following error:

-WARNING **: Theme file for default has no name

Gtk-WARNING **: Theme file for default has no directories

Right before the window is closed. Not sure what to do about this.. I suppose I could try changing themes.

EDIT: It did work, when I picked a pre-loaded KDE theme, however I'm still left in the dark on what would cause this, any insight?

Edited by infin1ght