webpage formatting and .kde? [solved]

Trio3b

Using MDK 10.2 and FF 1.0.2. for browsing. Outdated, I know but this combo has been working fine for two years.

Anyhoo... About two weeks ago Yahoo main page OK, but mail page and random other pages only displaying animated scripts and plain text (large font, kind of like a Bookman font). Formatting is strange. No "table" formatting or background color, borders, .gif bullets, etc. I still have acces to the mail content, but this is visually annoying and hard to read. As an aside, Konqueror and Kuikshow displaying some of my offline .jpg upside down.

add a - no luck to the end of each of the following lines:

I have gone thru Yahoo options to reset to default

went thru about:config resetting defaults

removed mozilla prefs.js which should reset default settings

Checked pages in Konqueror - formatting is correct which points back to FF

uninstalled and reinstalled FF

:huh:

reset all defaults in KDE configuration via GUI menu items

At this point I created new user, opened mailpage with FF and voila - all is OK, which points to a kde setting

Tried to copy new user .kde to affected user

went back to affected user - deleted .kde which should build a default .kde setting - this fixed the upside down .jpg and I thought maybe it was affecting CSS but no luck. Can't understand why new user FF is displaying these pages OK, but when I delete the .kde file in the affected user there's no solution. What other settings could be affecting this?

I did set up evolution and kmail about the time this all started. Could kmail or evo be doing something to the way these pages are displayed.?.......but then set it up on a PCLOS machine which has no problems viewing these pages. I don't see how as a few other random yahoo pages are also displaying strange.

Maybe something with css formatting?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Trio3b

Sorry forgot to mention that I had done the "add a new profile".

aioshin nailed it. I thought resetting defaults in about:config, new profile, clearing cache, deleteing prefs.js, reinstalling mozilla would take care of this but I guess there is something in the .mozilla settings folder that got altered / corrupted and affects the css displaying of webpages. I renamed .mozilla and rebooted and voila! all is well.

I will compare the two folders time permitting and try to post the offending file.

Thanks guys!