PCI Wireless card does not work!

kamsmart

I've never used that gui network interface. I would suggest changing the 'Mode: 802.11g only' to 'Mode: 802.11b/g', then try again. If you still have a problem, try turning off the WEP and testing it that way.

After another look at your pics, it clearly shows that you already have a connection now. Have you tried to open a browser and see if you have internet access, before trying to set up a new connection?

Edited by Greg2

I've never used that gui network interface. I would suggest changing the 'Mode: 802.11g only' to 'Mode: 802.11b/g', then try again. If you still have a problem, try turning off the WEP and testing it that way.

I will do that and I will let you know what happens ..

After another look at your pics, it clearly shows that you already have a connection now. Have you tried to open a browser and see if you have internet access, before trying to set up a new connection?

What kind of connection do you see? If you mean the icon on the top right on Mandriva GNOME desktop, then I think, that's the ethernet connection. I think, Mandriva Installer see the ethernet card installed on the desktop and installs the ethernet network drivers/utilities. I don't have a physical cable from my cable modem to the desktop. I have a wireless network setup, and I access internet wirelessly from all the computers in my home. Does that clear up this point a little? Please let me know if I need to do something with the ethernet connection ..

Thank you for your help ...

Edited by kamsmart

What kind of connection do you see?

OK, disregard that last statement. Your mixing of Linux and windows screenshots and pics, gave me temporary brain failure! :blink:

You may be having a problem with that 'space' in your SSID? Linux doesn't like spaces.

If you are still having problems, please post the output as root of

ifconfig -a