mandriva control center

neighborlee

Maybe someday it will be solved some things already are. Like we have one common menu structure for all DEs now. Before this every DE had its own. But there are more demanding issues than an hourglass running too long.

I agree about the hourglass :)

cheers

nl

So far as I have experienced the fact that the time out icon is still running when the application has already opened is of no consequence whatsoever. It doesn't effect anything worthwhile.

Spending time on stopping it would only be for cosmetic purposes only and not worth it.

It is easy enough to get rid of the busy cursor if it troubles you so much.

Open KDE CC..................Appearance and themes......................Launch Feedback..............Busy Cursor......and change it to No busy cursor. Problem solved.

I know there is also somewhere you can change the timeout period i.e. shorten it, because I have seen it though I can't remember where at the moment, but I wasn't prepared to waste my time looking for it.

Try the above, it maybe is what you need.

Cheers. John.

I just realized that the time out period is directly underneath the Busy Cursor so if it seems to go too long then set it to say 15secs instead of the default 30secs.

JB

Edited by AussieJohn

I apologize to all for responding to a help topic inappropriately. I have split the posts that do not belong and started a "Windows is better than Linux" thread in Everything Linux. The help forums should be kept clean of such opinion bashing, as I should know.

So far as I have experienced the fact that the time out icon is still running when the application has already opened is of no consequence whatsoever. It doesn't effect anything worthwhile.

Spending time on stopping it would only be for cosmetic purposes only and not worth it.

It is easy enough to get rid of the busy cursor if it troubles you so much.

Open KDE CC..................Appearance and themes......................Launch Feedback..............Busy Cursor......and change it to No busy cursor. Problem solved.

I know there is also somewhere you can change the timeout period i.e. shorten it, because I have seen it though I can't remember where at the moment, but I wasn't prepared to waste my time looking for it.

Try the above, it maybe is what you need.

Cheers. John.

I just realized that the time out period is directly underneath the Busy Cursor so if it seems to go too long then set it to say 15secs instead of the default 30secs.

JB

It is easy enough to get rid of the pointer yes, but the 'busy' process lingers regardless. It is not just this one process that is a bit bothersome ( is gnome really to blame : np ill ask a gnome developer ) but the overall QA of mandriva which is lacking I think...rpmdrake shows many packages with no descript and upon boot of livecd you get a nasty cups error ( which to their defense is fixed on install , but honestly it leaves a nasty impression to a windows friend when they can point and laugh ; 'oh look linux is crashing so much for your speical OS!' kinda thing...so yes its an accumulative effect kinda thing :)

...and no im not bashing mandriva..its a honest appraisal and it aint because I hate mandriva ( atm it IS installed on my linux partition; it is because the OS I call home in linux HAS to be near perfect QA wize and everything else wize as its what Im going to hand to all my f riends and family and it better dain well measure up if Im going to put my lee stamp of approval on,- because honestly Im not about to go through another round of windows users assaults on my choices ;) ( see above bold text )

cheers

g.leej

Edited by neighborlee

Please stick to the topic of this help forum. If you have resolved your problem, then thank those who helped you. If you still have a problem with your system, then state what you have tried and ask for further assistance. If you wish to make commentary about your preferences for windows, please post in the thread I started for you in Everything Linux.

Do not post such opinion in the help sections of the board. And please edit your remarks here and post them in the appropriate forum. Here is a link in case you need help finding it.