gtk+

lambofgod

Hey,

I have been using Mandriva for a while now. I changed my computer and instlled Madriva 2007 on m system, during the installation i did not opt for a few packages because i thought i wouldn't need them. Today i am having to look all over the internet to figure a way out to install the missing packages. I have a new project where i need to use Gtk+or Gtkmm to be precise since i will be using C++. I don't know how to install this package. Could someone please help me out. I have never installed anything on my Linux system and this would be my first manual installation, so i would need a lot of help.

Thank you

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Hi and welcome on board

First of all you have to install some source lists.

This is how to:

1. Go to http://www.mandrivausers.org/easyurpmi/index.php

2. Choose your system, and click proseed to 2

3. Choose all boxes and click proseed to 3

4. copy all in the new box

5. Open konsole and log in as root, type su click enter, type your ROOTpassword click enter.

6. Paste the linies you just copy'ed in to the konsole, wait for a few moment and then your maybe will have click enter once more.

7. When konsole stops working click ALT + F2 type rpmdrake (you can find this under System => configuration => configure your maschine) in ther you now will have the opportunity to find and install new packages on your system.

All af this can be done in a graphical way, but it's not so easy as this ;)

I hope you can understand my danish/english translation.

Edited by orts