Snapping Problem [solved]

Guest Derfel

Guest Derfel

Hello peeps :)

Because I line my icon's on the left of my desktop I need to open programs on the right of the screen rather then them snapping to the left edge. I've looked around to find how to do it but with no luck. Also need to turn the lettering under the desktop icon's from white to a dark colour as my self made wallpaper is a light colour. Cheers.

Guest Derfel
welcome to the board!

to answer you question we need to know if you are using the KDE desktop environment or the GNOME desktop environment.

Sorry tyme I should have realized to mention the type of desktop :woops: It's KDE

Cheers :)

Edited by Derfel

To change the colour of the text under the desktop icons just open KDE Control Centre......Appearance and themes.......Background..........Advanced options (on right side under monitor icon)..........Background icon text.

With it you can change the colour of the text and the text shadow plus the number of text lines etc..

In KDECC select .......Desktop....................Window behavior..............Moving....................put a tick in....Allow moving and resizing.........in Placement ...use the drop down menu to select..............Centred or what you desire.

cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

Guest Derfel

Thanks John That did the trick beautifully :D Much Appropriated. They do bury things deep sometimes, now I can use my new wallpaper :)

Edited by Derfel