Printer driver changes?

Guest SuGa

Where there perhaps some changes in the printer drivers for the HP 930C printer in 9.1? Because somehow I can't use the CUPS option number-up=2 anymore :-( It worked in 9.0

Does anybody perhaps have a solution for still printing 2 pages on one? Ideally without kprinter (although I think it also uses this CUPS option).

I don't know if you want this, but here you have two pretty old jewels:

mpage, by default prints two pages on one, but it can print 8 if you wish.

enscript, with the -2 flag, will print 2 pages on one.

check out both program's man pages to see how they work

not sure why is happenning that --never happened to me--, but have you checked its man page. Maybe you need to provide which paper type are you using or some other silly thing like that.

Also you can redirect its output to a .ps file and check that mpage is doing the job right before printing

Yupp, I did both and the empty pages are still there. :-( That also causes, that the page count isn't correct anymore (only half the pages are in the output). Very wierd :-(

WOW, now the wierd things started :P I tried the current version of mpage (without installing it due to the linkage of the mpage package and the foomatic packages) and there it works :?

But somehow my HP 930C also refuses to print the output file :-(

UPDATE:

ROFL, with some indirection everything seems to be possible. I now converted the ps file (the one with 4 pages on one) into a PDF and lpr likes it :-)

Tnx for your help :-)

One last problem: The first page. It is included in the postscript output but somehow damaged as it is not displayed by gv. When I then convert the ps with ps2ps the first page gets visible after clicking on "Redisplay" in gv but it keeps invisible when I convert the output to pdf :-(