Shutting down lm_sensors problem.

When I shutdown my computer, there is some errors when lm_sensors shut down. Here is the 'stop' part of the /etc/init.d/lm_sensors script. What is wrong? ... Basically the system complains about '-ge' ..

stop)

# Stop daemons.

gprintf "Shutting down sensord: "

killproc sensord

echo

gprintf "Removing sensors modules: "

test -r "$CONFIG" && . "$CONFIG"

modules=`grep ^MODULE_ $CONFIG | wc -l`

i=`expr$Pmodules`

while [ $i -ge 0 ]; do

module=`eval echo '$'MODULE_$i`

/sbin/modprobe -r $module &>/dev/null

i=`expr $i - 1`

done

echo

rm -f /var/lock/subsys/lm_sensors

;;

Thx!

MOttS

Provided that I cannot access the full script,

i=`expr$Pmodules`

shouldn't it be

i=`expr $modules`

because expr itself is a command, $P isn't anywere, and modules is or should be a numerical variable set just one line above. If the i= assignation fails, later the [ $i -ge 0 ] will complain about -ge and something like "unary operator expected"

aru.. you are right! I put

i=`expr $modules'

instead of

i=`expr$Pmodules`

and lm_sensors stoped properly. So there is a mistake in /etc/init.d/lm_sensors script. That's funny.. it's like they wrote it without even testing it.

Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!!

MOttS

Just out of curiousity, with Mandrake 9/9.1 has either of you ran the following ?

"#usr/sbin/sensors-detect" command ?

This does everything for you and you don't have to edit any scripts manually. I used this for the last two installs vice manually setting up scripts like was given in the TUTs. You may already know this but I just thought I would provide some input.

Hi Relic2k

To configure lm_sensors on my computer, I basically run that script (sensors-detect). This created /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensor and all the others needed scripts for lm_sensor to run. However, /etc/init.d/lm_sensor had the above error making 'service sensors stop' return errors. So you are right, I should have write it.. I have run 'sensors-detect' and modified /etc/init.d/lm_sensor so that lm_sensor works correctly.

Regards,

MottS

Hi Relic2k

To configure lm_sensors on my computer, I basically run that script (sensors-detect).  This created /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensor and all the others needed scripts for lm_sensor to run.  However, /etc/init.d/lm_sensor had the above error making 'service sensors stop' return errors.  So you are right, I should have write it.. I have run 'sensors-detect' and modified /etc/init.d/lm_sensor so that lm_sensor works correctly.

Regards,

MottS

K