Mandriva loading crashes after boot

klingacik

Hi Everyone

I need your help, I have installed my mandriva, and it went after the instalation with no problems, today I have experienced some heavy problem, I start my Mandriva from the booting sequence, its loading a every fine there, but suddenly STOP, here comes the black screen - console on, with white fonts, its strange it never done this before, oki I give my login and passwod in the console, I type startx and following its shown (its only a part)

Using config file "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"

using vt 7

(WW) I810 : matching device section for instance, .... found

(EE) I810: uknow reason for exception

(EE) I810: cannot continue

(EE) I810: VBE initialization failed

Screens found, but none have u usable configuration

FATAL service error

and so on

Man Im getting nervous, I have this systems installed 5 days and this....

PLease anyone help me

It seems that the X-server crashed badly. Have you done anything to the box lately, like adding updates, changing configuration files? You can try to set up a working graphical environment from the command line. Log in as root, type

XFdrake

and set up new video settings. Maybe that fixes it immediately. If you haven't updated the box, adding the patches using easyurpmi would be a logical next step.

Hi Thxs for the fast reply :D

to Artic, thats some very bad news, ok you are correct I have updated my system, some themes a icons and stuff, but still, after that I have restarted the system several times and nothing happend everything worked, so I dont know....

About the command XFdrake I have tried that but, I changed the settings I wanted to do a test and I get and error.... so

to scarecrow:

lsmod that is a command for what??

About the output of xorg.conf, how to do that... pasting here the output, I can do something like: cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf >> /xx/xx/xxx/output but what that how should I get the file on the NTFS file system. Or If I can mount my USB finger which is FAT 32 i could copy it there??

Sory about my english

Ou I one thing Im pretty new in Linux using it about 2 weeks, so if I ask you some stupid question, please dont get angry :thumbs:

Thank you both

The "lsmod" command is run via a console or virtual terminal and lists all loaded modules. better run it as root, not plain user.

The file is, as you said, at the /etc/X11 directory. you can copy it to USB stick, FTP it somewhere (using mc as console ftp client), copy it to NTFS partition (I guess you are dualbooting, else you wouldn't mention NTFS) by using the ntfs-3g driver instead of the regular ntfs, or finally take a clean screenshot with a digicam... Text is preferred over images.

Wow I see you knwo a lot fo stuff about mandriva - linux. Can I ask you, I had a small problem which I wasnt able to fix. I could not load my External HDD drive connected via USB, before I had Fedora 6, I installed ntfs 3g drive, I had to load it manualy with the command mout /dev/sdax /mnt/work2 (example) -t ntfs -r,

BUT I SIMPLY CAN NOT DO IT IN MANDRIVA, can you help me with this small problem, the other ntfs partitions from my internal HDD has mandriva mount automaticly.

Thank you

PS: How can I mount my USB finger, and where can i find it then.

Edited by klingacik