printing problem, samsung ml2010 [solved]

Guest Serge_P

Guest Serge_P

A strange problem occurs when printing scanned images, or sometimes images from e.g. Google Maps on Samsung ML2010 laser printer. For example, I try to print this one:

zurich_scr.jpg

and this is what I obtain:

zurich_print1.jpg

The driver is currently the GPL one (Mandriva 2007.1); but I tried installing the Samsung Unified Driver, with exactly the same results. This problem never happens when printing text files.

Have you tried using the printer on another OS to ensure that this is a driver/software problem and not something wrong with the hardware of the printer itself? This would be my first test, before looking into driver/software as an issue.

And welcome to the board :)

Guest Serge_P
Have you tried using the printer on another OS to ensure that this is a driver/software problem and not something wrong with the hardware of the printer itself? This would be my first test, before looking into driver/software as an issue.

Yes, with Windows it works OK (I didn't test it a lot, but it is apparently so; in particular, the image shown in my first post was printed OK).

Guest Serge_P

Now the problem seems to be solved: printerdrake -> options -> advanced -> then change "Halftoning algorithm" from "advanced" (or whatever) to "standard".