Mandriva One startup issue

evillegas

Hi I'm new to Mandriva, I have been checking it out and really liked what I see, I have been testing it in my laptop (dell Latitude d620) with no problems (just one will get to it later).

My major problem is whe I tried to boot the Live option in my home PC (intel mainboard PIII 2.0ghz 1 gb ram) everthing installs and loads up I get all the usual questions (language, location etc..) for the install and when it comes to boot GNOME it stops and returns me to the orange Mandriva login screen. I can try guest or root users and it just starts to load and then returns to the screen. (root loads the red screen).

This is using LIVE the boot from CD option, not a hard drive install.

anybody seen this happen before?? I started downloading the FREE version to see if its some driver missing in the LIVE version, since my motherboard is about 4 years old.

Any help would be appreciated.

The other issue I have is when I try to compile programs on my laptop that IS running an installed copy of ONE when I run ./configure I get an error that says error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH, I checked the Path an it includes all the folders (bin; usr/bin etc..) where the gcc compiler is installed, what I did see is that ONE installs gcc-cpp compliler that has the cpp executable and the ./configure looks for gcc, cc and cl.exe only.

I tried downloading another version of the gcc but I would no install. any Ideas???

Thanks

Ed.