Problems with Mandriva 2007

Guest JIIJI

Guest JIIJI

:help:

- I upgraded recently from Mandriva 2006 to 2007 version( directly from the web)

but I found out that after that the Mozilla Firefox browser became not to work properly.

When starting Firefox the previous dialogue box with choosing the profile options does not open, instead it starts directly one of my previous 5 profiles.

I don't like that. :angry: :angry2: : Can I downgrade and how?

Also the system does not mount my DVD-rom and it is practically unusable.

I will really appreciate any suggestions for fixing that problem. Idea

P.S. I recently noticed that also Klamav is srewed up. Do people who did a similar upgrade from Internet have the same problems?

Edited by JIIJI

For firefox, you can start it by adding

-profilemanager

to the command line, and it will start up with the 'profiles options' you speak of. If you start it via a short cut, either on the desktop or in the task bar, do either of the following,

Desktop shortcut - right click the icon, select Properties, then Application, then in the Command box add -profilemanager to the line, leaving a space between it and what is already there.

Task Bar - Right click, select Configure Firefox Button, and then the same as above.

If you happen to start it via the cli, I guess you would just add -profilemanager to the end of your command, leaving a space between what you enter and -profilemanager

Can you give more details about what actually happens with the DVD, and also, what is srewed up with KlamAV.

Edited by jagwah

Guest JIIJI

I did exactly what you told me but, the hell, nothing changes it again does the same :huh:

Here is what is in the command line prior to changes: /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox %u

Guest JIIJI

OK you were absolutely right , the tip is that one must restart the PC in order the changes to take place :D .

So now I have recovered the previous status. However I noticed another problem : Wanting to shut down I click on Log

off then Turn off the computer but nothing happens - it proceeds to work !!! Amazing! I guess that must be a bug. So I have to restart manually by pushing the power off button of the PC :annoyed: Kinky.

That 's not crucial but anyway it's unpleasent.

Edited by JIIJI

Guest JIIJI

About klamav :

I start Klamav , choose the root follder for scanning , click on scan and I get a message stating :

" Unknown option passed" and the program stating - "scan complete" without doing a.th. :huh2:

first upgrade to 2007.1 because it fixes many bugs still present in 2007.0 and then install and run etc-update and update all your config files to their new versions....

btw: I installed and upgraded from 2005->2006->cooker->2007->cooker->2007.1 without much problems

Edited by ffi