9.1 No text in control center?

Guest Goofusbrain

Guest Goofusbrain

Ermmm.. is it just me? Just upgraded to 9.1 from 9.0 and there are icons in the control center... but no text at all... No text in the Software Manager, either... just radio buttons and such.. (rather tricky when ya don't know what's supposed to be there.. heh)

Guest Goofusbrain

It was an upgrade....

Thanks for the suggestion...

Typed in mcc in the Konsole.. which basically said there was 'probably an error in the creation of /etc/pango/pango.modules' (which there was, as there *wasn't* a file by this name)

I tried the fix that was suggested by the error 'running pango-querymodules' but it didn't create the file.

::shrug::

Guess I'll try a clean install.

Thanks again.

Guest Goofusbrain

Yup.. just formatted / .. left /home intact.

Of course.. am installing via ftp so will take awhile.. heh. (burner's making coasters instead of good burns of the iso files)

Yup... pango was installed. The other pango file that was supposed to be in the same directory as pango.modules was there... and running the query gave a nice long list of the module files.

And... I'd discovered a few other, rather goofy glitches from upgrading versions... Like going to the super user file manager tried to launch me into a CVS session.. which it'd never done before.

So... just decided to start, more or less, from scratch.

Thanks again.