Mandriva 2007: Cisco 350 PCMCIA Card Won't Work?

Guest SSpiro

Guest SSpiro

New to this distro.. Installed last night on my WinXP Compaq Presario R3000 laptop. Set it up to dual boot using LILO.

When I installed this distro, it found my Broadcom Wireless device (integrated, and its also dead - doesn't work) and my added Cisco Aironet 350 card. I didn't have my WEP key printed out, so I didn't set it up.

Once I got into the OS to set it up, it won't allow me to configure the Cisco card and gives the error in a window titled 'Drakconnect" - "Unable to find interface for selected device (Using airo_cs driver)"

I've read on here by searching that this card is definitely compatible with Mandriva..

So what should I do to get it up and running?

I believe the internal wireless is supported via ndiswrapper. As root in the terminal run the command lspci & if you see the following

0000:02:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94306 802.11g (rev 03)

you can use your windows driver (bcmwl5a.inf) along with ndiswrapper. I suggest that you search for 'bcmwl5a' which should help I also came across this link http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawi...hp/Installation which will enlighten you further. Any problems after that then please post...

As for your Cisco card - not sure myself

HTH