How to install mandriva 2007 on core duo system

farhad

The stable version of (K)Ubuntu has some issues with i965 mainboards as well. He has to use Feisty, which currently is in rather good shape, but still a beta...

PCLinuxOS is very Mandriva-like (the control center is almost identical), KDE-centric, quite up-to-date (although certainly not bleeding edge) and quite easy to install.

Currently the new version is at Test release 2 status, which is working fairly well, but you might like to wait a few days for the final release.

I have installed Ubuntu Feisty, its working fine. But i dont know how to install my Fixed terminal wireless CDMA modem, as the company provided only windows OS installation setup.

Plus if you can guide me how to install my TV Tuner.

THANKS man, looking forward for your reply

I have installed Ubuntu Feisty, its working fine. But i dont know how to install my Fixed terminal wireless CDMA modem, as the company provided only windows OS installation setup.

Plus if you can guide me how to install my TV Tuner.

Now you're using Ubuntu, please post your questions in the Other Distros forum here. :)

The stable version of (K)Ubuntu has some issues with i965 mainboards as well. He has to use Feisty, which currently is in rather good shape, but still a beta...

PCLinuxOS is very Mandriva-like (the control center is almost identical), KDE-centric, quite up-to-date (although certainly not bleeding edge) and quite easy to install.

Currently the new version is at Test release 2 status, which is working fairly well, but you might like to wait a few days for the final release.

I have installed ubuntu feisty, and its working fine. But i dont know how to install my wireless CDMA modem and my tv tuner (manufacturers of both provided windows OS based installation setup). Also feisty needs internet connection to install any plugins, so can you guide me how to install my modem.

Thanks

Raise your question in a separate post, as spinynorman just said, in the Other Distros forum.

The subject of this post is not the same, so people will not see your problem as clearly, because they think it's a post about Core Duo, not your modem problem. So post a new thread with your problem on your modem, or whatever other problems you have.