2007 Powerpack install problem

Guest ElektroLySid

Guest ElektroLySid

Help !

I'm trying to install Mandriva powerpack 2007 from a DVD (onto which I burnt an ISO image - sha1sum verified) on my HP Pavilion DV5000z laptop.

After partioning (I tried all kinds - auto/custom etc with different sizes) successfully it starts searching for available packages & then gives the following error:

INTERNAL ERROR: no kernel available

MDK::Common::Various::internal_error() called from /usr/lib/libDrakX/install/pkgs.pm:158

install:install2::main() called from /usr/bin/runinstall2:30

Strange thing is, twice it had loaded the pkgmgr screen & allowed me to select stuff but I had to poweroff / on because it always showed free space of only around 1.6Gb despite me setting 3 Gb (/) + 2 Gb (/home) etc. The minimum install image size I need (with dev tools+KDE) comes to more than 1.6Gb

Am desperately trying to start studyin linux, anything to help me cross this first hurdle will be greatly appreciated !

You should verified your download file whether is it corrupted or not ?

You can vefirief the files by using hash calculator by using sham1 algorithm. After verified, try to burn it to DVD. I strongly recommended you used BitTorent because it will automatically vefiried the files for you. You can download BitTorent here.

www.bittorent.com

Have a try. Come back to here. If you have any problem.

Don't feel frustrated about Linux. Linux is not as difficult as you think but sometimes it will behave some strange behaviours.

Therefore, we need to know their behaviour before doing somethings.

Guest ElektroLySid
sha1sum verified)
That means the download is okay. Did you check the burned disc? The CD\DVD burner software you used should do it.

Nero has never burned a disc with errors in the past & this one too seems proper. I also saw that Linux can boot frm an ISO image so I wrote the ISO image as is onto another DVD & will try to install from that now & see.

Edited by ElektroLySid