Which version of Mandriva do you recommend for me?

Guest oscaroso

Guest oscaroso

HEY HI MY NAME IS OSCAR AND IM NEW IN THE FORUM ALSO IN LINUX (SORRY IF MY ENGLISH ITS NO GOOD AND SORRY ABOUT MY QUESTIONS PLEASE BE PATIENT :wall: ) OK, SO THIS IS MY QUESTION...

WICH VERSION OF MANDRIVA RECOMMEND ME , 2006? 2007? IM USING WINDOWS XP HE SP2 AND IM GOING TO CREATE A PARTITION TO INSTALL LINUX, MI HD=100GB AND HERES ANOTHER QUESTION HOW MANY GB ARE RECOMMENDED TO WORK WITH MANDRIVA?? SHOULD I DIVIDE MY HD IN 60GB 4 WINDOWS AND 40 TO LINUX?? THANKS 4 READ THIS AND ILL BE WAITING ANY ANSWER THANKS :D

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

I would recommend using the latest version - 2007. But apply all updates after installing it.

And don't forget to add new repositories for lots of packages, using the easyurpmi link at the top of this page.

But why suggest powerpack when you can do all that with the free version?

Just get 2007, and come back with any other questions. About the disk space required, it depends what you want to do with it - 40 GB is waaaay more than enough, you can get by on much less than that if you need to. Have a read of our wiki about dual-booting.

Guest oscaroso

hi its me oscaroso i want to thank all of you 4 your comments there will be very helpfully for me,im going to try the mandriva 2007 and see whats going on, and spinynorman im not going to write with capitals anymore :D thanks 4 the tip, see you guys around and thanks one more time :D

pd. an apologize 4 my english that its not good :P

Edited by oscaroso